Friday, December 5, 2008

Right on cue

Just when I was finished saying that the absence of Nick Theriault could put a damper on the fireworks between the Scorps and the Gorillas, I stumble upon these noteworthy transactions:

Amarillo 12/05/08 ADD Theriault, Nick (D) activated from IR
Amarillo 12/05/08 DEL Frick, Matt (D) waived
Not only is the big boy back, but Matt Frick is once again without a job. The poor guy can't seem to catch a break, and all I hope is that he's happy wherever he ends up, be it on the ice or not. He's one of the league's all-time gentlemen, and for all the heat he's taken for his statistical decline over the years, not once could someone question his heart. That image of him sitting back against his locker stall after the Scorps were eliminated by Laredo in 06-07 is still one of the most profound I've seen in my (limited) time as a journalist

No comments: