Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Write that down...

So I decided I'm going to give blogging a shot. As a compulsive reader of Greg Rajan, Brian Sandalow and now Adam Dunivan, I must first and foremost say that I BY NO MEANS expect this to be the gold standard of blogs around the Central Hockey League. Those guys do this for a living, and as much as I want to, I don't have the financial backing or the connections to be the peoples' inextricable link to everything CHL. I do, however, have the love and passion for hockey that I hope to share with anyone who stumbles upon this blog.

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Alex Mansfield. I have frequented the Scorpions boards as the "collegekid" and, in my mercurial younger days, as "box23." For a little better than a year, I worked as the Albuquerque Tribune's beat reporter for the Scorpions -- unfortunately, that gig came to an abrupt end when the Tribune closed this past spring. That job was an experience that I would give anything to still have with me today, but anyone who works in print media right now knows these troubled times all too well. In the interim, I have worked as a photographer for the Scorpions and plan on shooting plenty more this coming season. I hope to adorn this blog with photos aplenty as the seasons drags on.

I encourage feedback and, more importantly, I encourage you to spread the word and get this blog out there to anyone who might be interested. I also consider this to be as much a forum as any organized message board, so don't hesitate to agree, respectfully disagree or even blast me. I don't plan on censoring myself much, so you can rest assured that I won't censor you much either.

So I guess that's it for now...more to come from training camp! Season's just 10 days away!

No comments: