Tuesday, October 21, 2008

No...not THAT Lemieux

Everyone who's anyone in hockey knows the last name Lemieux. We're not talking about Super Mario in this case, but the news that Claude Lemieux is apparently training with the Arizona Sundogs made me do a bit of a double-take. Yes, four-time Stanley Cup winner Claude Lemieux. Yes, 1995 Conn Smythe winner Claude Lemieux. Yes, this Claude Lemiuex.

I think I'm more affected by this by virtue of my loyalty to the Detroit Red Wings than I am as a member of the Scorpions community, but nonetheless, it's some pretty interesting news. Now, there's nothing in the article to indicate that Lemieux intends to suit up with the Sundogs, but I also can't see any AHL team giving him a shot without seeing some evidence that he's still got it. Even Darren McCarty started in the IHL last season with Flint before making his way back into the Red Wings organization.

However it may play out, this news certainly comes with its fair share of intrigue!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He ought to fit right in, although Liebel may be upset if Claude comes in and takes away his "turtling duties"