Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Q & A: Jason Wolfe

Here's the first in hopefully a series of quick little "get to know"s.

Q: How old were you when you started playing hockey?

Wolfe: I actually started when I was about 12 years old, as a defenseman, which is kind of uncommon in the whole hockey world. But yeah, I started kind of late because I wasn't really in much of a hockey area.

Q: When did you take up goaltending?

Wolfe: I played defense for about a year, so I started when I was about 13 and once I started playing that, I stuck with it the entire time. I never went back to defense...ever.

Q: What's the best part about being a goalie and being 6'5"?

Wolfe: The ones that you don't even see that just hit you anyway

Q: What's the worst part about being a goalie and being 6'5"?

Wolfe: The ones that you do see but you're big and slow and have a tough time going and getting them

Q: Having spent the past few years with Oklahoma City in the Northern Conference, what, if anything, are you expecting from some of these Southern Conference teams you haven't seen before?

Wolfe: It'll definitely be interesting. There are a lot of teams in this conference that we didn't get to play. There seems to be a bit of a different style down in the South versus the North and I'm looking forward to seeing some of these other teams and these other places.

Q: How's the team shaping up thus far?

Wolfe: I think it's really coming together now. I mean, we were a little bit out of sorts in the beginning, just in the first few practices and the first few games. Now that we've had a few extra days of practice, I think we've really started to get things together and started to get our systems in place. Hopefully we should see a big difference in this coming weekend versus the preseason games.

No comments: