Monday, October 13, 2008

And just like that...

Well I know I'm not the first to simply say "wow" with this one. I can't necessarily call it a bad move, but trading Konrad Reeder to Colorado for Seth Leonard is something that I never saw coming. Now granted, we're talking about rights here, so there's nothing that says either player will report, but it's still a pretty monumental move.

As far as Seth Leonard goes, I've always had nothing but the utmost respect for him as a player. He takes care of both ends of the ice, he's a guy you can use in any situation, and he seems like the kind of player who would fit very well into Randy Murphy's system. More to come on this later, I'm sure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure coach know for sure Reeder won't be back this season or he wouldn't have dared to trade his rights.

Anonymous said...

Talked to coach last night and he told me that Konrad assured him that he was not coming back to New Mexico this season. So, with that said, I think the right decision was made.

However, since Colorado is famous for their under the table compensation, I wouldn't be surprised to see Konrad in an Eagles uniform again.

GO SCORPS!

Anonymous said...

Reeder is back in the states and on the way to the Eagles. That really hurts!