Thursday, February 5, 2009

Mazzei Waived


The Scorpions waived forward John Mazzei today, which could be indicative of several different things. Mind you, this is speculation, at best. Here are my ideas as to what could be going on:

1) Jordan Foote has finally cleared immigration and will officially sign in the coming days

2) Tyler Fuller is coming off the IR

3) The rumors surrounding the phantom appearance of one Ross McCain at the SASC several weeks ago are, in fact, true

4) Someone else is on the way and Randy Murphy is making room on the roster

Honestly, I think that any one of those 4 scenarios would be great for the Scorpions right about now. We'll see in the coming days, possibly even hours, what this move means. I'll be sure to report anything I hear or see!

As for Mazzei, he was another one of the many great young guys on this team. He had a phenomenal work ethic, and I thought he did a very respectable job as a scorer playing on a checking line. Hopefully Mazzei can find his way into a lineup where he'll get to showcase his offensive prowess a bit more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I liked Mazzei ALOT I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes.

I as many saw Ross McCain at the last game and started wondering.

Let's see what happens.

Go Scorps!